This is just my welcome to new folks starting the journey today or very soon.
- School Library Learning 2.0 runs from June 1-September 1, 2007.
- The URL is http://schoollibrarylearning2.blogspot.com
- I have been through the course as a "test driver" and it's been a real learning experience--one of the best professional development experience I've had in a long time.
- California School Library Association (CSLA) members who have been through the course (including me) will "cheer on" participants who are taking the course over the summer. We really want you to succeed and cheering and otherwise encouraging one another along the way is a key part of the "summer 2.0 fun" experience.
- School Library Learning 2.0 is the first and only learning 2.0 program designed especially for K12 library folks and with California Curriculum Connections.
- School Library Learning 2.0 is the first and only learning 2.0 program that includes avatars. Why? Because in addition to it being fun, school teacher-librarians and their colleagues need to model safe Internet behavior to students--student photos and glamor shots don't belong on blogs for the whole wide world to see!
- School Library Learning 2.0 participants can also get academic credit (2 units)--a nice incentive for teacher-librarians and other teachers. The link to Fresno Pacific University's Continuing Education registration site is now available. See http://schoollibrarylearning2.blogspot.com and go to the "About" section for details.
- I encourage you to take a look at my blog and those maintained by other test drivers to see what we were able to accomplish in our nine weeks. It's been a great deal of fun and I am planning on keeping my blog going. After all, with things moving at the pace they have been we really cannot afford to ever stop learning.
- And finally, I hope by the end of the nine weeks you'll see just how wonderful belonging to a learning community can be!